Seminars and workshops
I have been doing several series on the following topics. All are available in both languages. I can do these both virtually and in person.
With federal departments and agencies, I had done a series of workshops on
- Transitioning to Hybrid for Executives
- Transitioning to Hybrid for Managers
- Transitioning to Hybrid for all staff
Mental health in the workplace – for managers and for staff
Respect and values in the workplace
Executive leadership development programs including specific sessions on
- Strategic Planning for Executives
- Having strategic conversations
- Change management
I am currently doing a series of workshops on Risk Communications for the Community of Federal Regulators.
I have done a series of pre-retirement workshops on planning the social and health aspects of retirement.
I also facilitate strategic planning sessions with organizations using the SIM technique that I developed with colleagues at the U of Ottawa.
Prevention of harassment and violence in the workplace.
This is a series of workshops for organizations to be in compliance with the Canada Labour Code legislation. There are different sessions for all staff, managers, HR staff and designated persons under the Act.
The second series for compliance is on Domestic Violence in the Workplace.
The third series is for Occupational Safety and Health committees to ensure their compliance.
I have also been consulting with federally regulated organizations to assist them in making sure their policies, procedures, training and workplace assessments are in compliance.
A final piece is consulting around incidents and the investigation procedures.
In health care I have been working with various health care services to provide sessions on Occupational Stress Injuries, traumatic stress, Vicarious trauma Compassion Fatigue, Emotional Contagion, Moral Distress, well-being and resilience. The audiences are nurses, paramedics and physicians.
With First Responders – fire, EMS & police, I have done sessions on traumatic stress and mental health in the workplace. Also conflict management and crisis intervention skills for officers.
I continue to work as a principal investigator on workplace health research studies. The main one is the APEX Executive Work and Health Study which I have been working on for the past 25 years.
Reviewer for WHO, WSBC, Journals
I am part of an international research team that has been doing meta analyses on mental health, in particular traumatic stress in high risk populations.
- University of Ottawa
- Change management
- Crisis Management
Executive Leadership Development
I have facilitated a variety of sessions at
- Canada School of the Public Service
- Institute On Governance
- Telfer Executive Programs
- Association of Professional Executives of the Public Service of Canada
- Managers Community of the Public Service of Canada
- Canada Economic Development
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Coast Guard Canada
- Community of Federal Regulators
- Correctional Services Canada
- Defence Research and Development Canada
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Global Affairs
- Parks Canada
- Health Canada
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- National Security Intelligence Review Agency (NSIRA)
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Parole Board of Canada
- Shared Services Canada
- Standards Council of Canada
- Transport Canada
- Veterans Affairs Canada
- Colleges and Universities
- La Cité
- Humber College
- University of Washington
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association